Saturday, July 6, 2013

A title is required to publish now apparently



My favorite knitting and yarn company Brooklyn Tweed is hiring an administrative-assistant-slash-knitter and for some dumb reason I don't live in New York City. This is the very first time I've ever seen this company hiring and I wish I they could hire me remotely!


Brooklyn Tweed was founded by Jared Flood, one of the internet's epic male knitters.

And designer of the Rock Island Shawl, which I finished a few weeks ago:



Vin played through The Last of Us, a great horror survival game with a killer ending, while I knit the endless garter stitch until it was finished.



I finally finished it around 10:30 at night and blocked it the next day.
Before blocking...


And after blocking!




So now I have the honor of having my finished project on the top of the Rock Island page on Ravelry.com



My new position at my company is going great and my manager got me some orchids to say thanks. She's on vacation for the next week so I'll be acting as manager of appraisals for the whole company until she gets back.




Vin and I played Jenga during a Tornado warning while the internet and TV was out. Vin said it was like diffusing a bomb. I lost.


We had the family over for the 4th of July with Hunter and Hannah. Uncle Jim and Mom gave Hunter his first bath in months (maybe years).


Andrew and I - our team won in Ladderball!



Misc images of the white fluffy one.


I swatched for my next project: Kim Hargreave's Arielle.
It'll be my first actual garment where I have to customize the dimensions to my liking.




Bought some cotton yarn from KnitPicks with some size 1 needles and am about 1/3 the way through the bottom band.

I've already got my next project lined up, another knit garment by Kim Hargreaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment