Monday, November 14, 2011

Stephen King!

I finally went to my first book signing, and of all people, it was Stephen Freaking King.


Sarah and Leslie camped out at 6am to get the blue wristbands to get into the signing later at 7pm. I held down the fort at work.


We met at Barnes & Noble at 5pm. Cause you wanna get a good spot in line. There were 800 people there.
Luckily the blue wristand means you are one of the first hundred people.

Wristband means I'm legit.


You were forbidden from using flash photography while you were there, which is why the pictures are blurry.

We met this... guy... who apparently Sarah and Leslie had met in the AM while waiting for the wristbands. His hand was on my lower back. I feel creepy just typing it.

Sarah & Leslie


All the sudden we hear "Please Welcome Mr. Stephen King" and much "woo"ing sprang up. I kind of saw his back as he walked past our stack.

After waiting for two hours amid the books (and conversation including but not limited to the phrase "Mein Kampf es su Kampf", we rounded the corner and got our first glimpse of Stephen King.


We decided Leslie was going to hang back and let people pass her so she could get good shots of Sarah and I getting our books signed.


Getting my book signed. It all moved so quickly you weren't even allowed to say anything really, except for Hello and Thank you.


Sarah getting her book signed while I'm sure I was getting yelled at by the worker people.


Leslie's getting signed.

The finished product.




We went to Bonefish Grill afterwards but due to a 45 minute wait, we gave up and went to Chili's.


Back to work tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I saw this on my phone whilst traveling so I've been waiting to comment. When all did you put this together? How long had you been planning on seeing Stephen King?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very last minute for me, Leslie asked if I could go as an extra person (because she had two wristbands) so she could get a book signed for her sister who lives in New England. She asked me Thursday and the signing was on Monday.

    I've read The Green Mile and The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, but I'm not as big a fan as Leslie or Sarah so I didn't care that I didn't get to keep a signed copy of his new book.

    It was still fun to go though I found out the day after that Stephen King had the flu that day.

    ReplyDelete