Friday, July 1, 2011

Progress as of Thursday night. 3" of K2P2 ribbing before the lacework starts: check.

First row of lacework.

After the first row of lace the pattern calls to switch to 10.5 needles.


8 on the left, 10.5 on the right.
This Knitpicks Options Interchangable needles set was over $70 but worth every penny. See how sharp they are? They're referred to as stiletto needles. They are also nickel-coated, meaning they are very slippery. Great for speed, since stitches can slip off easier, but terrible for accuracy, since stitches can slip off easier.

I wonder if I could board a plane with them even though knitting needles are on the list of approved items.



Knitting: it works.


Now I've got something like 18" of lacework to churn through.


Now for something completely different.

So last Friday a homeless man decided to make our bathroom his personal spa. FOR OVER AN HOUR after we were closed for business. Monica (my counterpart in the office upstairs) and I barricaded ourselves in the downstairs waiting room with the door locked. I knocked on the bathroom door 3x to ask him if he was okay, and each time he said he was about ready to leave. Meanwhile he's singing with his little radio. FOR OVER AN HOUR. I'm all calling Sarah (who lives 1,000 miles away) and Leslie (who was at the IRS), Monica's all calling her people and we were about 10 minutes away from calling the coppers. (I have an aunt and uncle who works for the PD). After he left, his clothes (and an ice cream cone, for some reason) were in the garbage.

Also, I'm employee of the month.

Anyway this post bores me so now I will eat a salad with some Olive Garden italian dressing and listen to Kazuhiko Inoue sing to me. His voice is pudding. (See Sarah, I said I'd make it catch on) even though I have no idea what the hell he's saying.

Though I can say "where is the bank" in Japanese.

Hasn't been useful yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment