Saturday, July 9, 2011

News from the Month of Sarah

Leslie: I had taken my contacts out and put them in a glass of water. And my friend drank them.

Me: Oh hey Joyce, I saw you on the corner on my lunch break when it was raining.
Sarah: I didn't think we'd see you on the corner unless it was a Friday night.
Joyce J: Now you know how I paid for my car.

Overheard at Drive-Thru
Drive-Thru Employee: Can I take your order?
Smartass in Honda: I dunno, can you?
(Silence.)

WHAT IS THAT I DON'T EVEN...
I was working on this bundle of fun when I realized I massively screwed up sometime in the previous few rows.
I blame the shuttle program. And NASA.

I did some MacGuyvering with the knitting rules since there was no way I could fix it by ripping it out and redoing it. This pattern has too many KBLs and YOs and other acronyms to rip it out and try to re-knit. I took some green yarn from the end of the ball and sewed the offending sections into place so they would at least blend in. Not perfect but you can't really notice it anymore.
But I will. Forever.
In the words of CrazyAuntPurl: "I’m so sorry my babies I DONE YOU WRONG."

The transition between lacework and ribbing required some light (well I say light...) cable work. It's annoying enough to make mistakes with two needles but then you add a third one into the disaster zone. Cable work is my seventh circle of knitting hell. It's slow-going, constantly checking and rechecking the pattern to make sure I wasn't shifting stitches.

I finally finished it this afternoon. Now I just have to sew up the arm holes.

It's a bit wider than I wanted and not the right yarn type but since I just grabbed something from my stash I don't really mind.
That blue light in the first picture there doesn't mean I'm a cyborg. Those are my wireless headphones that I'm rarely without.

Classic from Sarah.

Now that it's summertime in Florida the afternoons more often than not are overcast and rainy. Back when I was at UF doing summer sessions we used to purposely plan our classes so we'd be finished by 3pm. Cause like clockwork, it would begin to rain at 3pm.
PS: it’s a red light.

Jurassic Park is on TV right now.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha...LOVE Jurassic Park. And rainstorms. We've been oddly having lots of rain and thunder and lightning the past three days and it's been glorious. That *never* happens in Colorado. So I've been enjoying it. And I enjoy your picture. :)

    ReplyDelete