Sunday, September 4, 2011

Long ass weekend

A fly had gotten into the house and my mom’s trying to help my brother hunt it by describing it…

Mom: It’s small, Vin.
Vin: We do not spare the young.
Mom: I know, but I was just telling you what it looks like.
Vin: Mom, I know what a fly look like. I’m experienced.
Mom: That’s what she said.



Due to the office being closed Monday and the fact that I never work Wednesdays I decided to take Tuesday off as well so I could have a super long weekend. I am somewhat dreading this as I know I will not want to wake up for work on Thursday. I often joke that when I take long vacations where I am accountable to nobody for long periods of time I will come back to work looking like Tom Hanks in Castaway.


It could happen.

Among other things I have recently begun to watch Smallville. I know I am, like, eleven years late to the party and since the show was on the air from 2001 to 2011.


For some reason back in high school my friend Cassie convinced me to watch one episode from the second season and I remember not getting it at all.
I am now noticing a pattern in my life where I watch one episode of a given TV show, hate it, then pick it up several years later. This happened to me with Doctor Who. And Star Trek. Anyway I think Tom Welling is gorgeousness.

My friend Mea and I reconnected yesterday after not having talked to her for over half a year. She lives in Japan and I had no idea how to contact her after December-ish of last year. She's just about the funniest person ever and a bonafide Pendergast fan.




This is Mea's treasure trove of all things Pendergast that she ordered from Canada and the most beautiful damn thing I've ever seen.

Ahaha.


So now I actually will write about the thing I meant to.
About half a year ago my friend Indira from work gave me a banana bread recipe that I've been meaning to make, so here it is. Bananas are my absolute favorite fruit. (1. Bananas, 2. Watermelon, 3. Oranges, 4. Apples, 5. Cantaloupe)
The recipe is all the way the hell in the kitchen and nothx getting up. Email me if you want it.


















And I have just enough vanilla ice cream left to top it off.


Star Wars episode 4 is on Spike so might as well take advantage of this blessing of geekdom and knit to the sound of Darth Vader strangling people with the force.

1 comment:

  1. Shouldn't The Force be capitalized. Just sayin'. Hilarious as always...you as well as Vin and mom. :P

    ReplyDelete